5 Things You Should Know About Peter Obi – Former Anambra State governor, Mr. Peter Obi, who has been selected as the running mate of Alhaji Atiku Abubakar, the presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party is an unconventional African man, at least in terms of his family size.
As he emerged PDP’s vice presidential candidate, here are five things you should know about him.
5 Things You Should Know About Peter Obi
1. Peter Obi has only two children. Obi, who was governor from 2007 to 2014 has a daughter and a son.
According to Wikipedia, their names are Gabriella Nwamaka Frances Obi, who is two years older than her brother, Gregory Peter Oseloka Obi.
For a man from his generation and his cultural background, it’s a bit unconventional that Mr. Obi has only two children.
2. Obi, who was born on July 19, 1961, graduated from the University of Nigeria, Nsukka in 1980 with a degree in Philosophy.
3. The former governor is a Catholic Church Papal Knight of the Order of St. Sylvester.
4. Obi spent eight years and seven months as the governor of Lagos State. He was sworn in governor of Anambra State on 17 March 2006. However, on 2 November 2006, he was impeached after just seven months in office. He took the matter to court, he won and was reinstalled on 9 February 2007.
Another election took place in 2007, that brought in Andy Uba. Obi went to court to argue that he didn’t complete his four-year tenure, the court agreed with him and said his tenure ought to end on March 2010.
After his dramatic first term, Obi contested for the position of governorship again and won a second term in office, which ended on 7th of March 2014.
5. He was appointed the Chairman of the Securities and Exchange Commission by former President Goodluck Jonathan in April 2015.
Hope this article – 5 Things You Should Know About Peter Obi – is helpful? Kindly use the comment section below to share your opinion, please share this article on facebook, twitter, instagram and Linkedin for other to read, you can do that by using the share buttons below…
5 Things You Should Know About Peter Obi Atiku’s Presidential Running Mate