How To Study in Germany Without IELTS – Germany is a Western European country with forests, rivers, mountain ranges, and North Sea beaches. It has a rich history of over two millennials, resulting in multicultural ethnicities.
Tertiary Education in Germany is Known to be Free, as Tuition fees were abolished in the country in 2014. Therefore, studying in Germany without IELTS is possible, and we will see the main objective of IELTS.
RECOMMENDED: How To Study in Canada Without IELTS
What is the Purpose of IELTS?
- The International English Language Testing System is designed to assess candidates who need to study or work where English is used as the language of communication.
- IELTS is required for entry to universities in the UK and other countries. In Germany, however, the IELTS test fee in Germany is 234.00 EUR, but you can also study in Germany for Free.
- It aids the immigration process from one country to another without being assaulted by the immigration officers of that country.
- Foreigners with IELTS will find it easier to get employed by German employers, and it has more privileges than other Language tests.
Medium of Instruction to Study in German Universities
For instance, if you hold a bachelor’s degree in English or the instruction and teaching language of your Bachelor’s Degree in English, you can apply to study in German universities without IELTS. Moreover, if your native language is English, you will not need any English Language Proficiency Proof for admission.
Some German Universities would accept you for higher studies if your medium of instruction were English for your latest education. German Universities accept Indian Students and other international students based on MOI letters.
Germany Pathway Programs:
If you are making plans to study in Germany without IELTS, then you should be familiar with Germany Pathway Programs, and these are the numerous benefits:
- Germany Pathway Programs allow international students to learn German Language and go ahead with their tertiary studies in Germany.
- Pathway programs make you fluent in German to study in Germany without IELTS in German Courses.
- Pathway Programs guide you to learn the German language, get accepted at a German University, and help you study in German universities without IELTS.
However, the admission requirements of pathway programs in Germany are more accessible when compared to regular admission requirements for Universities in Germany. Therefore, you can obtain easy admission in Germany without IELTS in these Pathway programs.
Studying in Germany Without IELTS
If you have no IELTS score or a score below the language proficiency requirement, you won’t be admitted into any German universities. The best option is to choose a German university that doesn’t require IELTS and pursue your desired course.
Suppose you have pursued your bachelor’s degree in English as a discipline such as BA in English Literature. In that case, you will be eligible to apply for a program at a German university without submitting English proficiency scores.
The fundamental essentials that you need to keep in mind while applying for an academic institution to study in Germany without IELTS are as follows:
- The University will demand a “Language/Medium of Instruction Certificate (MOI),” which you need to get from the academic institution where you completed your previous program.
- IELTS is not required if a student holds a bachelor’s degree, where English was the language of instruction for that degree course.
- You can also study in Germany without IELTS if English is the native language of your country.
How to study in Germany without IELTS
Step 1: Application Process to Study without IELTS in Germany:
Research and shortlist the courses and Universities in Germany to start without IELTS study universities. You can check University rankings in Germany and Eligibility Requirements on the University website.
Go through the Universities you have chosen and choose what is best for you academically and career-wise. Then, you need to apply online for the University or colleges in universities you have selected.
Step 2: Skype / Video Interviews:
Once your profile is shortlisted, you may be asked for a video interview. It is to know your eagerness to enroll in that particular University and evaluate your English Language abilities. You are most likely to be asked questions about your profile and interests mentioned in your SOP or CV. To get admission to a German university without IELTS, you have to complete this Interview by giving your best successfully.
Step 3: Tuition Fees and Other Study in Germany Costs:
If you successfully clear your Interview, you will get a confirmation letter or letter of acceptance from the University. It is a confirmation that you have been accepted into the University for the program. The next step is to pay for your tuition fees for your program. You can pay the fee online and get your fee receipt.
Step 4: Apply for Student Visa in Germany:
Now the question arises whether you can get a German study visa without IELTS or not. If you have an acceptance letter from a University in Germany, which doesn’t require IELTS, then you can apply for a student visa in Germany. You will have to submit all the necessary documents for your visa application process. The list of documents is given below:
- Recent photographs
- A valid passport
- The letter of acceptance
- Authenticated certificates from earlier Education
- Financial evidence to prove sustainability during your studies in Germany
- Proof of health insurance of the student covered for the period of the stay in Germany.
- Proof of paid visa fee
It is best to submit your documents on time before the deadline. If there is anything or information you aren’t sure about, you can meet the German Consulate or embassies in your country of residence to provide you with crucial information.