Looking for Unskilled Jobs In Canada You Can Apply As a Foreigner in 2023?
Do you know that the demand for unskilled workers is on the rise in Canada as days passed by? If you are on this page, then chances are you are one of those employers looking to employ through visa sponsorship to work in Canada.
Each day, Employers are out to hire unskilled employees that will fill the gap in their companies. These employers offer unskilled jobs alongside visa sponsorship. So if you are looking to work in Canada this may be your chance to land a job with your preferred company in the country.
In our previous update, we highlighted the Different Types of Visa Sponsor Jobs in Canada and How to Apply. Here, we are going to give you the list of Unskilled Jobs In Canada You Can Apply for As a Foreigner in 2023. So without wasting further time, below is the list of Unskilled Jobs In Canada You Can Apply for As a Foreigner in 2023.
Recommended: How To Study in Canada Without IELTS
7 Best Unskilled Jobs In Canada You Can Apply for As A Foreigner
1. Cooks Jobs in Canada
In Canada, a cook’s responsibilities include:
Cooks prepare and cook a wide variety of foods. They are employed in restaurants, hotels, hospitals, other healthcare institutions, central food commissaries, educational institutions, and other establishments. They are also employed aboard ships and at construction and logging campsites. Apprentices are also included in this unit group.
- Prepare and cook complete meals or individual dishes and foods
- Prepare and cook special meals for patients as instructed by the dietitian or chef
- Schedule and supervise kitchen helpers
- Oversee kitchen operations
- Maintain inventory and records of food, supplies, and equipment
- May set up and oversee buffets
- May clean kitchen and work area
- May plan menus, determine the size of food portions, estimate food requirements and costs, and monitor and order supplies
- May hire and train kitchen staff.
There are more than 8440 available positions for cooks in Canada, and any foreigners, whether they reside inside or outside of the nation, are eligible to apply.
You must conduct a location-based search to identify the openings in the province or area you desire because they are dispersed across the entire nation.
Cooks in Canada typically make 36,075 CAD per year or 18.50 CAD per hour. The average salary for newcomers is 34,125 CAD per year, while the annual salary for individuals with solid training and credentials can reach 40,950 CAD.
2. Drivers Jobs in Canada
Transport truck drivers drive straight trucks or tractor-trailers to transport freight. Long-haul truck drivers operate heavy trucks over urban, interurban, provincial, and international routes, while short-haul and local transport truck drivers operate over urban and short-interurban routes.
They are employed by transportation, manufacturing, distribution and moving companies, and trucking employment service agencies, or they may be self-employed.
- Long-haul transport truck drivers
- Operate and drive primarily tractor-trailers, long-combination vehicles, and straight-body trucks weighing over 4500 kg to transport goods and materials over long distances
- Plan trip logistics and obtain required documentation to transport goods
- Perform pre-trip, en route, and post-trip inspection of vehicle systems, equipment, and accessories such as tires, lights and turn signals, brakes, and cold storage
- Ensure cargo is secured properly in accordance with safety requirements and follow safety procedures for transporting dangerous goods
- Obtain special permits and other documents required to transport cargo on international routes
- Record cargo information, hours of service, distance traveled, and fuel consumption
- Administer bills of lading and manually or electronically maintain log books
- Communicate with a dispatcher, other drivers, and customers using communication devices and on-board computers
- May perform emergency roadside repairs
- May drive as part of a two-person team or convoy
- May transport hazardous products or dangerous goods.
Drivers and truck drivers especially are hotcakes in Canada. Many companies are on the lookout for company truck drivers to help in moving the company forward. They hire mostly foreigners who have gotten their work permits from the Temporary Foreign Worker Program (TFWP).
Currently, there are over 400 vacancies for this particular unskilled job all over the country. Their average pay is about 38, 444 CAD in a year or 19.72 per hour. Experience drivers receive more pay than inexperienced with about a 12,889 CAD difference.
RECOMMENDED: How You can Get a Canada Work Permit – Apply Work Visa For Canada
3. Welder Jobs in Canada
Welders operate welding equipment to weld ferrous and non-ferrous metals. This unit group also includes machine operators who operate previously set-up production welding, brazing, and soldering equipment.
They are employed by companies that manufacture structural steel and plate work, boilers, heavy machinery, aircraft and ships, and other metal products, and by welding contractors and welding shops, or they may be self-employed. Apprentices are also included in this unit group.
In Canada, welding is a well-paying and in-demand profession that is as in demand as other low-skilled jobs. There are now over 4057 openings for welders both inside and outside of Canada.
Welders typically make 42,900 CAD per year, or 22 CAD per hour, with more experience translating to higher pay.
- Read and interpret blueprints or welding process specifications
- Operate manual or semi-automatic welding equipment to fuse metal segments using processes such as gas tungsten arc welding (GTAW), gas metal arc welding (GMAW), flux-cored arc welding (FCAW), plasma arc welding (PAW), shielded metal arc welding (SMAW), oxy-acetylene welding (OAW), resistance welding and submerged arc welding (SAW)
- Operate manual or semi-automatic flame-cutting equipment
- Operate brazing and soldering equipment
- Operate metal shaping machines such as brakes, shears, and other metal straightening and bending machines
- Repair worn parts of metal products by welding on extra layers.
4. Foodservice Supervisor Jobs in Canada
Food service supervisors supervise, direct and coordinate the activities of workers who prepare, portion, and serve food. They are employed by hospitals and other healthcare establishments and by cafeterias, catering companies, and other food service establishments.
- Supervise, coordinate, and schedule the activities of staff who prepare, portion, and serve food
- Estimate and order ingredients and supplies required for meal preparation
- Prepare food order summaries for the chef according to requests from dieticians, patients in hospitals or other customers
- Establish work schedules and procedures
- Maintain records of stock, repairs, sales, and wastage
- Train staff in job duties, and sanitation and safety procedures
- Supervise and check the assembly of regular and special diet trays and delivery of food trolleys to hospital patients
- Ensure that food and service meet quality control standards
- May participate in the selection of food service staff and assist in the development of policies, procedures, and budgets
- May plan cafeteria menus and determine related food and labor costs.
In Canada, food supervisor work is delicate and crucial. With more than 5157 positions at various places across Canada, they are in hot demand.
The only people tasked with keeping an eye on kitchen-related activities, such as food preparation or cooking, are the food service workers. They typically take between 13.0 and 24.04 CAD per hour.
5. Housekeeping Attendant in Canada
The demand for housekeepers has increased recently, likely as a result of parents’ struggles to make ends meet and the resulting decrease in time spent at home.
They are employed by hotels, motels, resorts, recreational facilities, hospitals, and other institutions, building management companies, cleaning service companies, and private individuals. Housekeepers perform housekeeping duties in residential, and institutional settings.
The job openings are dispersed around Canada, and they frequently welcome friendly people who will provide them with what they need. On average, housekeeping assistants make 27,274 CAD per year or $13.9 per hour.
6. Carpenter Jobs in Canada
Although it may seem strange, Canada is in dire need of carpenters. They are in high demand in provinces like Saskatchewan, Manitoba, Ontario, British Columbia, Newfoundland & Labrador, Nova Scotia, and Quebec.
Carpenters build, erect, install, maintain, and repair buildings and the parts of buildings made of wood, wood substitutes, light steel, and other materials. They work for building firms, carpentry contractors, the maintenance divisions of factories, plants, and other businesses, or they may be independent contractors. This unit group also includes apprentices.
They receive a salary of 49,863 CAD annually or 25.57 CAD per hour.
7. Dishwasher Jobs in Canada
The advantage of this low-skilled employment is that it doesn’t require much expertise or qualification. In restaurants, hotels, and households, dishwashing is a common job are:
- Clean and sanitize items such as dishwasher mats, carts, and waste disposal units
- Operate dishwashers to wash dishes, glassware, and flatware
- Place dishes in a storage area
- Sanitize and wash dishes and other items by hand
- Scour pots and pans
Dishwashers in Canada receive an average salary of 15.00 to 16.00 hourly for 30 to 40 hours per week.
IMPORTANT: Apply for 1,000+ Visa Sponsorship Jobs in Canada – Relocate to Canada Through Visa Sponsorship
Requirements for Unskilled Jobs In Canada for Foreigners
There are requirements for foreigners who want to work as unskilled laborers in Canada. They consist of:
- Look for Jobs that match your qualification.
- Learn the Languages of the Citizens: Since French and English are the two languages most often used in Canada, you are required to learn how to communicate in both since you might be working with customers or clients directly.
- Consider the Age Limit for the Job Advertise.
- Make sure you have a Valid passport.
How Can Foreigners Get Unskilled Jobs In Canada?
You are not restricted from working as a skilled or unskilled worker if you already have a green card or are a citizen, but if you do not fit into one of the following categories, you must apply for foreign workers through the Canadian immigration process.
Some job vacancies come with visa sponsorship. You can use this method to immigrate to the country, where the employers apply for workers’ visas for the employees and work there freely while periodically renewing your visa.
However, if this option is not available to you, you will need to finish the lengthy application process for a Canada unskilled work visa. While doing so, you must observe the regulations, adhere to the steps precisely, and avoid any questionable behavior.
Canada is a lovely country with a thriving economy that makes living easier. The procedure from landing a job to obtaining permanent residency is demanding, it’s not simple at all, but it’s worth every dollar, strength, and minute of your time.
Unskilled Jobs In Canada You Can Apply As a Foreigner in 2023, Dishwasher jobs in Canada with visa sponsorship, carpentry jobs in Canada for foreigners, and room attendant jobs in Canada for foreigners.